Can you keep your finger on the pulse in a fast-paced communication team?
Do you have the energy, drive and self-motivation to be proactively finding positive stories and looking to improve what the team does, whilst ensuring all reactive work is successfully completed?
Can you anticipate the impact of change on different stakeholders and devise a communication plan to reflect this?
We’re seeking an experienced, well-rounded communication officer with proven ability to engage, educate, inform, reassure and inspire different audiences across many platforms.
A rare opportunity has come up for a self-motivated and multi-skilled communication specialist to join our small Media and Communication team. No two days will be the same as you take a lead role in media handling, engaging staff, generating news stories for media and social platforms and providing strategic advice for other departments seeking communication support.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in journalism, communication, or public relations in a busy news environment, delivering accurate copy to deadlines and under pressure.
- Be confident under pressure and able to demonstrate a cool head in a crisis or when demand on your time is high.
- Have a thorough understanding of the media – including traditional and digital arenas.
- Take a proactive approach to creating and seizing opportunities to enhance and protect the organisation’s image.
- Show evidence of generating ideas and grasping new technologies to continuously improve engagement with different audiences.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment where accuracy and efficiency are vital, so if you have a passion for writing, a keen eye for detail and are highly organised this could be the right opportunity for you.
- Family friendly policies.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays. (pro rata)
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- On site parking.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service is the proud holder of:
- Stonewall Diversity Champions.
- Disability Confident Employer.
- Rated 'Excellent' under the Fire and Rescue Service Equality Framework.
Interviews/Assessments will be held on the 02 April 2019 @ SHQ, Brampton road, Hinchingbrooke, Cambs, PE29 2NA.
Please see below for full application form and recruitment pack. Please send all application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 25 March 2019 @ 09:00am.